The HTA Steering Committee
The Health Technology Alliance (HTA) is governed by a six-person Steering Committee, consisting of representatives appointed by each of the three main sponsoring organizations – AAMI, ACCE, and HIMSS.
The Steering Committee will be responsible for:
- Providing broad oversight of the HTA’s vision and mission.
- Overseeing the implementation of the HTA Strategic Plan.
- Identifying issues facing the HTA community and those on the horizon.
- Providing guidance to staff on translating issues into actionable items that the HTA can tackle.
- Identifying and recommending presenters, authors, and others to erve as subject matter experts to the HTA.
- Serving as thought leaders on all matters relating to the HTA including the level of engagement of members, priorities, communication vehicles, and other issues.
- Analyzing survey data to help determine the future direction of the HTA.
- Reviewing and revising the Strategic Plan, if necessary, on an annual basis.
• Steve Baker, PhD, consultant in developing connected medical devices.
• Shawn Jackman, founder and CEO of Clinical Mobility, Inc.
• Phil Raymond, head of Wireless Competency & Solution Reference Architecture, CoE, Philips
• Stephen L. Grimes, FACCE, FHIMSS, FAIMBE, AAMIF, principal consultant, Strategic Healthcare Technology Associates, LLC
• Priyanka Upendra, compliance program director, Banner Health
• Rick Edwards, director of consulting services, iatricSystems
• Michael Marchant, director of health information exchange and system integration, UC Davis Health
• Joe Wagner, senior director, Gevity Consulting
• Steve Campbell, chief operating officer, AAMI
• Danielle McGeary, vice president of HTM, AAMI
• Jim Piepenbrink, deputy director, AAMI Foundation
• Yvonne Patrick, associate manager, clinical Informatics, HIMSS
• Tammy Kwiatkoski, MBA, director, clinical informatics, HIMSS